Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Entrance Exam

So, I can't sit still a minute longer. Emily had her "test" today for early kindergarten admittance. Our district will test your kids to enter kindergarten early if their birthday is before Dec.31st. Emily's bday is Nov 6th. I really don't know my reasons for wanting to send her. If we lived in California, Connecticut or some other states, she would get to go, hmmmm, what else. Oh yeah, she's as big as a 1st grader and just one size behind her sister (who's 3 years older than her!) I don't know what I'd do with her home next year, hmmmmm, doesn't sound real good yet. Oh yeah, Brent was glad she wouldn't be one of the first ones to drive in her class. I know some people want to test their kids in because of their academic advancement, she's smart enough, I mean she knows basic Kindergarten stuff, I know she'd be fine and we still only have 1/2 day kindergarten out here, it feels like preschool. But, if she doesn't get in, no biggie, we'll hang out and play barbies all day and then she'll really be ready for school next year! We should get the call tonight or tomorrow from the nice lady giving us a yeah or neah. I'm so nervous it feels like I'm waiting for my mission call or entrance to college. I keep thinking this is the rest of her life. This determines it for school for her. Wow, that's huge. I think I may bite all of my nails off waiting for the phone to ring. Gotta go..... I just heard the phone ring!

3 comments:

jamirclark said...

I think I'm as nervous as you! Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed! *hi, by the way, I stalked your blog from melissa's.

Cruze Family said...

I am so happy to see your blog finally. Good luck to Emi, I love her fathers day comment! Talk to you soon.

Sharr said...

okay okay--- so?????? how'd she do??? you're killin' me smalls!