Monday, December 29, 2008

The Blog of Christmas

So, it has finally arrived. I get to blog about the blessed day! It was a great day. We didn't go anywhere, we didn't have any visitors. I really think it was the first time completely ALONE. And it wasn't all that bad. A wonderful friend invited us over to her parents house for Christmas Eve dinner and it was fabulous until their little one started to throw-up, we made our exit then! We came home gave out the ceremonial christmas eve jammies, and robies this year and then shooed them off to bed. Rie went right to sleep because she knew Santa would only come if she was asleep. Emily was very quizzical as to how Santa was going to come to our house because we don't have a chimney and Hannah just breezed through since she's been through all this before, such a grown-up she is!

Waiting to go down the stairs...

Christmas morning they woke us up around 7am, not too bad. We went down stairs and had a marvelous morning of presents and french toast and just hanging out. Hannah was so cute later in the day she said, "mom, I think everyone got atleast one thing they asked for". She seemed really happy which is what I always worry about.

Rie was most concerned that she missed Santa and that he wasn't coming back to see her with her presents or have candy with her, maybe next year Santa! We tried to explain that he had to go to other kids houses, but she still didn't see why he couldn't come back when he was done. The girls were also discussing the whereabouts of Santa and Emily says, "he lives at the North Pole." Which Rie replied, "no, Santa lives at the mall." Oh what a smart child! So here are the pictures to document the day.


Oh, a bike lock, thanks Santa! (Hannah actually got the first video game system to grace our house. She got a Nintendo Game Cube and we're all enjoying it!)

Emily with her Target "American Doll" girl. She and Rie got them with the horses that go with them too! They were actually quite a hit!

Rie and Emily got the barbie Diamond Castle barbies that hold hands and sing!

9 comments:

Chip and Lisa said...

So magical! I love it. Thanks for sharing, your kids are adorable!

Kristy and Erik said...

Don't you just love Christmas morning. Sounds like a nice and relaxing day. Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We are so glad to be back in some what contact with you guys. Hope you guys have a wonderful New Years.

Gretchen Knell said...

I love that Rie wanted Santa to come back around to play! So darling.
Happy New Year guys!

brady lady said...

merry christmas stace, aren't you glad it's all over? now time to kick back and relax, happy new year.

Tori and Steve said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! It's so fun to see Christmas through the little ones eyes. It's all magical again.

Hannah said...

Thanks mom, puting the the bike lock on your blog

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

So glad you had a good Christmas. Want to wish you and your beautiful family a very Happy New Year. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Brenna LaPray said...

I told you Rie should come and live with me. She would fit right in! She looks darling in her dance costume. I'm glad you had a good Christmas. The picture of your three girls together reminds me of when I was little. I loved growing up with only sisters.

brady lady said...

blog of christmas, what?? time to start blogging again, i did, finally! miss you!