I am seriously the luckiest person to have two of the most wonderful grandparents in the world. I know I've always loved them and cherished our time together. I was supposed to go to Utah this week for Fall Break and was so excited to see them, but things didn't work out and plans changed and although I'll miss seeing everyone, it's always grandma and grandpa that I long to see. Maybe it's because I know our time on this earth is limited together, or maybe it's just because they are so much fun and so good to me and always have been.My grandpa, known as the tickle monster, grandpa great the lion, shares my same birthday. So my whole life I've shared a birthday with one of the most giving and caring people I've ever met. He is such an example to me of true service and doing the right thing when no one is watching. Oh and he loves my grandma so much and spoils her with flowers and jewelry. What a lucky lady!
Then there's my grandma. I don't think I've ever met a more genuinely sweet person in my life. She never misses a birthday, anniversary, or holiday. We always get a card with a "treat" and a sweet note, even if her hands have a hard time writing, they are always long, full of sweet words and kind thoughts. I always look forward to any holiday or birthday because I know a sweet card is on its way. I tear up every time I get one. And, almost four years ago we named our sweet baby girl after my sweet grandmother Dorothy. When we were deciding on a name for our newest arrival we wanted her to have a name that she could look to as an example and a guide for her life. I couldn't think of a more perfect person. And it has been lots of fun naming her after someone that we get to see, she sure loves that baby girl and I love to see them together. So when my grandma is no longer with us I will always have a little one to remind me of her and the woman she was! I hope it rubs off on Rie!


0 comments:
Post a Comment