Sunday, January 24, 2010

The yellow tie and dress!

So I met my hubby a little over 12 years ago at a church in Philadelphia. I remember walking into the foyer to meet the new elders I would be serving with and thinking to myself he was as good looking as the other sisters had said. But I wasn't smitten, I was going to work and keep that heart of mine closed. Too bad when he opened his mouth my heart just melted open too. Most of you know the story and 10 years and three kids later a lot has changed, but a lot has remained the same, like the yellow dress and tie we wore our last day together before transfers. It was my favorite tie, still is and I thought we looked pretty cute standing next to each other. Last Sunday I was looking for something to wear and found this old thing in the back of my closet, three kids later and a few years it doesn't fit quite the same, although it went on and these days that's about all that matters!

I have held on to a few things and I'm glad this was one of them. We took a picture for fun, but I ended up wearing something else, maybe another day!


39th and Chestnut, Philadelphia, PA 1998

Queen Creek, AZ 2010

15 comments:

Jess said...

So Cute!! I love it!!

Eva said...

Oh, and I just needled you for not posting! Whoops!
You two look adorable, I'm glad you saved the dress too.

Leilani said...

Thank goodness you both have better haircuts these days!!!

Melissa M. said...

This is your best post!
Love it!

Tallie Geddes said...

oh too funny! I don't think to much has changed - you both still look great! thanks for the smile!

Anonymous said...

You look AMAZING! I was so disappointed when Rich said you stopped by and I missed you. He said he had a great time visiting with you and seeing the girls!

The Brough Family said...

Okay, that is so cool!! I love it. Crazy to think that was 10 years ago. Man life goes by fast!! Miss you!

brady lady said...

love it, you guys are too cute!

Tori and Steve said...

that's great! Thanks for posting it! Little walk down memory lane! I even remember that dress from when we served together! That's awesome you still have it, as well as the tie!

Kate said...

Wow Stace! THAT my friend is IMPRESSIVE! That is a fun post and very fun pictures! You look Hotter now though, I must say!
Love you and miss you!

Teresa said...

CUTE!

Susan said...

So, so, so cute! You guys are ADORABLE!

Brenna LaPray said...

That is the cutest post I have seen in a very long time! You both are adorable! It's a good thing you didn't have to wear that dress when you got home from London. I can't remember...did we go there to learn or eat? I still can't believe I gained 15 pounds so quickly. Okay, I guess I can if you think dipping a banana in chocolate is a healthy snack!

Amy said...

So darling, Stacey. I miss you being around TONS! Maybe you could crash our March book club??..

Jodi said...

You two are still just as cute! I think you are taller now! hehe :) Hope your next 10 years are great!