Friday, November 21, 2008

Emily's Finally not the YOungest

(Emily in her new birthday shirt bought the night before!)

Emily had her birthday a couple weeks ago and now she's not the youngest in her class. She kept saying so and so had their bday and she just kept waiting, (most of those were kids turning 6). Anyways, we had a wonderful time celebrating her arrival of "5". My mom kept singing an old childhood favorite, "I'm the luckiest child alive, I've had a birthday and now I'm five..." I actually haven't gotten it out of my head yet! I'll need to think of a new verse for 6! Grandma and Grandpa were here to celebrate again! We had a fun family party on her birthday and then a friend party the next night. The night before her bday we were picking out what she wanted to wear, and she said, "I don't even have a new shirt, like one with balloons." So of course when Brent and I went out to buy her bike for her bday we got her a new shirt. Emily is my hot and cold child. There's no inbetween with her, either she's loving you or she's not liking you. She's very emotional and loves "Huggie time". She craves physical touch and usually gets it by asking. She can be so sweet and then the complete opposite in a matter of moments. She is doing really well in school this year and I think she even likes it now. Her BFFs names is Emily too and they are pretty much joined at the hip. They play together better than any little girls I've ever met. Emily is stuck right in the middle of her sisters and so the middle child comes out often, but sometimes its a good thing when she can be old enough to play with her sister 3 1/2 yrs her senior and crawl around like a lion with her sister 2 yrs her younger. I love Emily like crazy. Here's some fun pictures from her celebration!
Getting Ready for the party, she LOVED helping put up streamers, she had no idea they even existed! Hannah was a great helper as well, we sent Rie with grandma and grandpa to the mall during the friend party, per Emily's request. I guess she didn't want the 3 year old getting in the way of HER night!

Playing pin the tail on the "my little pony", (courtesy of the Alger's)

Wearing her birthday crown from school and very proud of it.

I forgot one more funny thing, just before her friends were to arrive, I asked her to go get dressed because she was wearing her new jammies. She said, "Let's have a pajama party and then I can wear my jammies." I said, "Emily we can't because your friends are already on their way." Her response, "That's okay, I can just wear jammies to my pajama party!" Oh she gets what she needs when she needs it! We love you Emily!!!

5 comments:

brady lady said...

happy birthday emily, one day you'll wish your weren't the oldest anymore.

Kristy and Erik said...

It is sad how fast they grow up. The last time I say her she was just born. To long. Looks like a fun Birthday. Happy B-day Emily

The Brough Family said...

What a cute 5 year old you have there! Looks like a great time. Thanks Emmy for letting me borrow you mom for week. I love you jammies... glad you wore them to the party!!!

Teresa said...

She's so cute. I can't wait for her to give you a giant run for your money. She is so mini Stace. Lucky you!

Kristin Leigh said...

Very cute, I love your blog! I hate to leave comments though, because then people will see my retarded blog, newbie that I am, I haven't figured out much, but I will get on that! Congrats on your new job by the way, Johnathen Lewis told me about it, we were chatting about piano teachers. :)