Ha ha, I know what you're thinking from my title, but we all know I'm not that kind of a trophy wife! I'm the one who keeps trophies from 4th grade and packs them around her whole life until yesterday. Brent can handle the cabbage patch dolls and the now vintage barbies, but he had the look in his eye, like really, come on Stace, when I wanted to keep the trophies through another move.
It's two of my glory moments in my life. I feel sort of like a "super senior" and know I should just let the dream die. But before I do I will relieve this moments one more time...
These two trophies represented really good times in my life. One was when I was in 4th grade and on a traveling competition soccer team in Massachusetts. I can still remember traveling to this tournament and staying in a host house with other girls from local teams. It was great. I can remember my dad screaming "run, Stacey, run" at me up and down the sidelines. And I remember when we were give the trophy for the runner-up spot in the tournament. I'll never forget! The glory days of 10 years old....I was awesome!
The next trophy is from when I made my debut as Bianca in Shakespeare's, The Taming of the Shrew. I don't think I had more than three lines in the whole play, I just had to look dumb and ditzy and blonde for the whole time and gaze longingly at the boy I was in love with, don't remember who! So the inscription says to a terrific Bianca, which I was....I can still make those awesome looks today! The training was worth it and prepared me for my future!
All right the dream is over and the trophies are in the garbage thanks for the trip down memory lane, more to come in a few moments/days ahead!



3 comments:
Don't throw them away! My kids just love to see that kind of stuff from our past. Tell Brent to go get a human heart. :)
oh stacey, i think we all have something stashed around the house that reminds us of the "good times" way back when. so sad you threw them away.
Seriously... don't throw them out. Moving??? I guess I'd better answer my phone sometime soon. Did you find a house close to school?
Post a Comment