
This little girl is just too much fun! I love having her at school with me this year and am so glad I made the decision to send her to Kindergarten early....she is such a hoot and full of personality. She can be the sweetest and the not so sweetest kid ever. She loves to hang out with me after school in the library, although riding the bus home is a favorite too and sometimes a hard decision to make, stay with mom, or ride the bus with Hannah....most days the bus wins!
Her teacher has been absolutely wonderful with her. Every day after school if the student stay on Green all day, then they get a "smelly". Well, one day I got an email during the day from Marie's teacher saying she punched a girl at recess and so she was moved to yellow and that she was very upset. I emailed back saying thanks and I'm glad she can learn these lessons when she's young, I'll make sure and be oh so sad....
When she got to me in the library I asked to smell her smelly, which I knew wasn't there. Then she proceeded to tell me in many more details then you all care to hear that the kids lied to Mrs. Tapia, she' didn't punch the girl. So I kept asking questions and trying to find out a little more. In the end the comment came out, "mom, I didn't punch her I pushed her!" So although she was not happy with the choice of words used and that the other kids who tattled messed them up, we had to have a discussion that even pushing isn't okay, even when the little girl kicks over your sand castle! Ah life lessons of Kindergarten, I LOVE them and can't wait for more! Needless to say she hasn't missed a smelly since!


Hanging out in the library!


2 comments:
Here's to early kindergarten!!!
oh she is so cute and so big since i've seen her last.
Post a Comment