Monday, June 15, 2009

La CoocooRacha (I spelled that phoentically, ha ha)

So last night Brent and I are settled in our bed ready for a good snoozy, and enjoying some wonderful pillow talk. When all of a sudden something drops from the sky and lands on my head in bed. I jumped faster than I've every jumped and ran to the opposite side of the door. Poor Brent was so startled from my severity of nervousness that he jumped as well. I flicked on the light and Brent lifted my pillow to find a quite large cockroach under it. I really like the floorplan of our new house, but I've never seen so many cockraches. I think even the great and spacious building in Philly didn't have this many. Needless to say it took quite a while for me to calm down enough and get a new pillowcase to go back to sleepy land. Oh it was traumatic, I need to stop writing about it because it makes me nervous just thinking about it!

8 comments:

kristi said...

Ok that is creepy! I would have been itching all night after that! We had the hugest brown spider ever by our laundry room Saturday night - so big even Alex was scared! Home Team is suppose to be coming today to retreat!

Tallie Geddes said...

No way - I don't think I would sleep again! I may not even sleep now from just reading about it! If you need sleeping pills - give me a call!

Cami said...

Nasty! I totally sympathize...I don't know if you read my blog but I had a bad experience with a roach in my toilet a few weeks ago so I am very parinoid now. To keep them from coming up the drains you can pour bleach down them and then close the plugs.

brady lady said...

that's like a nightmare come true, sorry about your luck.

so scary

Brenna LaPray said...

Oh my gosh, I would die. A mouse ran over my stomach when I was little and I have never recovered. I would love to see pictures of your new house along with the cockroaches! Better luck to you.

The White's said...

Yikes!!! THE MUSIC IS HURTING MY EARS. You are such a insect weenie. But that is gross. We miss you guys.

Noel's said...

I love your blog. You just have to teach me how to do a nice one so I can be more effective. Sorry about the roach thing but Brent was probably more scared than you were.
Dad Noel

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck Stacey I would totally die on the SPOT! Have you thought of having Bro. Wiles come over and spray. He does the best job.
Good Luck!
Wendy Erickson